My Dad is on his third rabbis shot. He's been making regular trips to the hospital to get an injection, ever since our house cat bit him. He was lucky to get injected early because the cat died a few days after. We spent a total of 24k for his vaccine shots, this does not include the hospital and doctor's bills. The breakdown of this amount includes the initial anti-rabbis shot, and six other supporting shots.
The nurses said that 24k is cheap already, since we bought the medicine at a government pharmaceutical center (in Alabang, near BFAD), using my dad's senior citizen card. Normally the drugs would cost around 35k.
I thought about other people who get bitten by animals and don't have the money to pay these expensive medicines. How would they deal with this problem?
Blueberry-Flavored Coffee
Only a few Seven-Eleven stores in the city sell fancy hot coffee. I know two branches that sell these types of coffee -- the one in front of Metropolitan Hospital in downtown Manila, and another one at Thomas Morato corner Timog Avenue, near the circle.
These stores have coffee dispensers, offering flavors like French Vanilla Cappuccino and Caramel Macchiato. I usually buy a 45 peso cup (12 oz) of French Vanilla Cappuccino, but they do sell them at eight and sixteen ounces. It's a lot cheaper than a Frappucino and it is tasty enough to satisfy my coffee cravings.
Yesterday, I discovered that they replaced the Caramel Macchiato with a blueberry tea latte. I became curious and both a cup to taste test. It actually smells and tastes like blueberry milk tea. I wasn't disappointed with the drink but I still wanted something that packs more caffiene punch.
Wrong President
I got this post (and picture) from Igme and I thought it would be interesting to share it with everyone.
It seems that the journalist who wrote this caption was exhausted from covering Cory's funeral. But I blame the editor for letting this mistake slip by his or her watch.

(Taken from the August 6, 2009 issue of Mania Bulletin at the back cover)
2 comments:
regarding the erroneous caption, i've seen my share of erroneous captions and they do have layers of checking before they send out the paper. however, all of them must've been pretty tired already to miss that very glaring and unfortunate mistake. i pity whoever was responsible for catching that error.
Ha ha Ha! Ang galing nitong Pix allan! ngayon ko lang nakita. Ill download it and share it with others ha. =)
Post a Comment